Blog Shows & Blog Ratings Now Live

Okay, the updates to the blogs are here now. There's still some work-in-progress things, but it all seems to be working.

I went ahead and set up a CZW blog show for kaihtafc's fantasy show - CZW Blog Home.

Anyone else who has a show, let me know and I can set it up for you to get you started.

Basically, this means no more fantasy blogs can be posted without having a fantasy blog show to put it in. I'll give everyone a week, but then steinersaysuhhh will be monitoring the blogs and taking down anything that wasn't put in a show properly.

But it also means you can start making polls in your fantasy blogs.

NOTE: "Fantasy" blogs does NOT mean any fantasy booking. Fantasy booking of the current WWE & TNA products is perfectly fine in any blog. The fantasy blogs I'm talking about are ones where you create your own roster and completely do what you want.

Also, ratings are now live for blogs, too. Rate the blogs you read to let others know how good it was!

Everyone has their own "special" blog page now, too - http://www.fourdown.org/blogs/YOUR_USER_NAME - ie, http://www.fourdown.org/blogs/steinersaysuhhh

Blog shows that you create from scratch won't have a pretty URL like CZW does, not right away. I have to set that up. So don't worry. (people can still get to your show though!)

Lemme know if anyone has any questions!

Also went ahead and set up WWE Beta (kaihtafc's) and THW and TNA Beta for mitch176.

Posted on June 30, 2010 at 5:25 PM
# Mitch176
Mitch176

Thanks mate :)

Posted on June 30, 2010 at 5:46 PM

No problem! Set up ECW Beta for you, too. About to do 176 Show. For that one, the blogs will still show up everywhere, since it's not just fantasy (though from now on don't put any fantasy stuff in those :).

Also got JWF Zulu (jmt5887) and WWE Alpha (TheForgottenOneCJB) set up.

There is a new Blog Shows link on the left, that's where the list of all the shows will be.

At some point I plan on adding something to the bottom of every page on the site that shows the most recent blogs, from both non-fantasy and fantasy blog shows.

Posted on June 30, 2010 at 5:49 PM

I've set up all the active shows I know of.. if anyone can think of one I'm missing (even if no new posts are being made), let me know please!

There's probably a Gamma in there somewhere. I'll look for it later and make a show for it.

Play around with it and let me know what you think. You can add images and a description to your shows - do it so we can see how it looks! :)

Posted on June 30, 2010 at 6:02 PM
# TheProdigyCJB
TheProdigyCJB

thanks cleatus

Posted on July 1, 2010 at 2:25 PM
# Mitch176
Mitch176

What do we do with blog posts that are for announcements for multiple shows? Eg I want to make an announcement on which shows I'm going to discontinue, carry on or stall :L because its for multiple shows where should it go?

Posted on July 1, 2010 at 3:13 PM

No prob. Let me know if y'all have any requests for enhancements to how things work.

Posted on July 1, 2010 at 3:15 PM

mitch - I can make it where you can post one blog to multiple shows. Let me work on that. For now, I'd say just post a blog in each show, but only make the announcements relevant to that show.

Posting to multiple shows won't take me that long to do, but it'll at least take 4 hours. So it'll be at least a week til I can get that done. (going out of town now for the 4th of July, that's why I launched this stuff a little earlier)

Posted on July 1, 2010 at 3:18 PM
# edawg32
edawg32
Game On

Yea i have WWE Gamma so, could you set that up? I'm about to write a show.

Posted on July 1, 2010 at 3:51 PM

It's already set up for you edawg - click the new Blog Shows link on the left side of the site, and scroll down to see all the ones I set up. I also set up "The edawg32 Show" for you, too.

But you guys can set up your own shows yourselves going forward, if you create a new one. When you post a blog, you'll see the "Manage Your Shows" link. (if you want to add images/descriptions to your shows, that's where you need to go to do it)

Posted on July 1, 2010 at 3:59 PM
# edawg32
edawg32
Game On

Lol yea im sorry, i had a blond moment for a minute there.

Posted on July 1, 2010 at 4:08 PM
# edawg32
edawg32
Game On

Now if were just creating a new show, do we need to click Manage Your Show, or can we just select the show WWE Gamma under the "Show:" area and create our show?

Posted on July 1, 2010 at 4:13 PM

The show is "WWE Gamma" - the entries for the show are each blog post. When you create a new blog post, you don't need to create a new show if you want it to belong to an existing show. Just select "WWE Gamma" in the drop-down.

If you wanted to create a brand new show ("WWE Omega" for instance) then you'd need to go into Manage Your Shows, create the show, and then when you post a new blog, you'd choose that new show name in the drop-down.

Posted on July 1, 2010 at 4:25 PM
# edawg32
edawg32
Game On

Thats what I thought, thanks alot cletus

Posted on July 1, 2010 at 4:29 PM
# Whammer1
Whammer1

I'm about to make one called Milestone World Wrestling or MWW. Can you make me one, please?

Posted on July 9, 2010 at 2:33 PM

You have the ability to create it yourself. When you post a blog, you'll see a Manage Your Shows link. click it and create the show, then go back to post a blog and there will be a drop-down that lets you choose the show you made.

Posted on July 9, 2010 at 3:18 PM
# EverybodyDanceNo..
EverybodyDanceNow
Extreme Enigmas

awesome!!! i made my own show and made some images for it and stuff :)

Posted on July 9, 2010 at 4:13 PM

Cletus how do you manage your shows?? E.g add pic?

Posted on July 10, 2010 at 3:24 AM
# jmt5887
jmt5887

When you go to post your show this is a button that says Manage My Shows. Click it. You then have the option to add a new show or to edit a current show. in the edit you can add a discription, add a pitcure for the etire show, and add one that will appear on each show.

Posted on July 10, 2010 at 9:56 AM