Updated Help/FAQs, Fantasy Blogs Now Included in Recent Blogs, and Help Wanted for 4-UP

I've made some updates to the Help/FAQ section to try to make sure everything there is accurate. A lot of changes had happened to the site since the guides had last been updated. Please let me know if there is anything you would like for me to cover in the guides.

Also, due to popular request, I've decided to include fantasy blog posts in the Recent Blogs on the right. Since the addition of the Top Blogs, which lets me highlight posts that may have useful information, it makes sense to go ahead and include the fantasy posts now. The reasoning behind not doing it before was that there were so many and they would push important blog posts that I wanted users to have a chance to see off the list! But now that is not a problem. And people love the fantasy blogs, so it just makes sense!

And if anyone out there would be willing and able to help out as a 4-UP Admin and enter data for shows, we can always use an extra hand! Just let me know if you'd be interested. I can enable it for you so you can see what is involved with it, and if you decide it's too much work, no problem!

# steinersaysuhhh

Moderator
steinersaysuhhh
Peaks and Freaks

You forgot to mention the removal of the featured bloggers on the homepage BTW. I got a few questions on that.

Also, one thing I think would be cool, if anyone has the ability to do it, would be YouTube videos that walk through the process of playing the games here and even how to post a blog or set up a fantasy blog show. We could embed those videos straight into the help pages.

Posted on June 14, 2011 at 2:22 PM

Oh right.. yeah, we've had a LOT of new users joining lately (they don't blog or comment, but that's okay, 99% of the players here don't) and one issue a lot of people brought up is that it's hard to find what to do on the homepage.

The featured blog part was taking up a lot of room and pushing the PPV games far down the page, so I removed it.

If anyone who was a featured blogger wants one of your shows in the Featured Shows, let me know. I think with all of the blog stuff on the right now, having that on the homepage too was just too much. As much as I love all the blogs and bloggers, I don't want the blogs to make people think there's nothing to do here but read. :)

And video help guides would be awesome! Maybe I can try to do one sometime. I think I have some program called Camtasia that can record what I'm doing in a browser window.

Posted on June 14, 2011 at 2:26 PM
# BingBong
BingBong

I'm about to have 4 months of work so i'd love to have a go at being a 4-up admin.

Posted on June 14, 2011 at 3:12 PM
# NeedRepairs
NeedRepairs
The /wooo/ World Order

I've thought for a while now that it might be a good idea to have a section in the 4-UP help guide that describes how some complex scoring situations are handled, especially for the admins so that they know how to score them. That way they could just check that instead of having to bug you like I always do. :)

Just some examples off the top of my head:
-Team Battle Royales
-Gauntlet Matches
-Traditional 5v5 Survivor Series Matches

Posted on June 14, 2011 at 5:24 PM

I've been looking at returning my videos and I used to make them for the site when I was younger so I don't mind making a few at the weekend... I'll have a go and if you want to use them use them and if not I don't mind:)

Posted on June 15, 2011 at 11:17 AM

kaihtafc Awesome, I'll definitely put them up. :)

Also, here's what I hope to have up and running this weekend -

- Challenge System: I built that Friends list just for this and I'm actually pretty much already done with the challenges, but I need to do a little testing this weekend and I'm going to run a test challenge between me and steinersaysuhhh for Capitol Punishment. If all goes well it will launch on Monday.

- Images in Blogs: Haven't started on it yet but I can probably get it done this weekend. You will have to have posted 5 blogs on the site before you have the ability to use it, FYI.

I'd also like to have some kind of global shared image list that all users can use, regardless of how many blogs you've posted. Like WWE & TNA logos - those can be global so that anyone at anytime could put them in blogs.

Also, the way you will place images in your blogs will have to be with some kind of special code (similar to how you link to users/leagues/shows) - maybe something like ::IMAGE-WWELOGO::. They will NOT work in comments, only blog posts.

Posted on June 15, 2011 at 12:06 PM

cletus42o, is there any way to display how many blogs a person has posted on their profile or anywhere else? Maybe just a leaderboard on the site somewhere or something like that.

Sorry, I know it's random.

Posted on June 15, 2011 at 1:05 PM

word2k9 at some point I could do that.

This is a test! ::profile-cletus42o::