Profile Photos Everywhere

I've started to add profile photos to new places - blog posts, blog comments, and PPV comments so far.

Let me know if anything looks funky for you. I'll roll it out on the other comments pages if it seems to be working on these pages.

Right on! Now I'm gonna spend some time tomorrow looking for a new pic. Sorry if FWF doesn't get completed.

Posted on May 6, 2012 at 3:46 AM

I also added the season rankings for everyone to your comments.

All the changes have been rolled out across all commenting areas - blog comments, PPV comments, wrestler comments, player comments, and league comments.

I also made sure super long usernames don't affect the layout, they get trimmed if they are too long.

Posted on May 9, 2012 at 7:13 PM
# SMURFS
SMURFS
FCW Fans

what is with the animal profile photos btw??

Posted on May 11, 2012 at 9:47 PM

Instead of just giving people who don't upload their own photo the same default image or one that says "NO IMAGE" or something like that, I thought it'd be more fun if it chose a random crazy animal picture to use.

Honestly I thought it would make more people upload their own photos but it seems like most people like keeping them. I like them so that's fine with me. :)

They are also all choices when posting pages from the site to Facebook. You can choose either the site logo or any of those default animal photos. (and if you're posting a link to a league/user/blog show, it'll also give the option of the uploaded images for those)

I may add even more animal photos in the future. When I do that, I randomize all the photos for everyone to spread them out. (some may have noticed I added about 7 new photos recently, including the Professor Dog, waving polar bear, and crazy small dog with sunglasses)

Just a way to make things more fun for me, like the way I now add weird animal photos to the PPV images. I think it spices things up and I love animals, so why not?

Posted on May 11, 2012 at 9:52 PM