Breaking my silence

cymru96

Ok, I am still around. I have taken time off and I am still not back blogging. The reason, I have lost a big of interest in Wrestling as a whole and have been spending most of my time writing a fantasy MMA show elsewhere. I have been prioritising with my time and as a result Wrestling, Fourdown and video games have taken a hit. However, it is not forever and I am back for now.

First off, I would like to apologise to word2k9 for leaving during conflict.

Second, I would like to welcome Mitch back. Although things are kicking off, it is good to see so much activity on the site.

Third, I probably won't be competing in the prediction game as I have only entered 1 PPV this season. Apologese to EE.

On to my main point, this whole Kai vs Mitch thing and the Hall of Fame debate. First off, I never really got to know Mitch as he left 2 weeks after I started posting. However, he seemed like a decent bloke. And now Kai, I have spoken to him a number of times and he was there during the bleak periods. He was key in the whole closing down situation and he is also a good bloke. However, I don't think that he can be blamed for EE's failings. I am partly at fault for stopping prediction but you need to remember that Craig, Robbie, Malkore and others prominent members have gone. This is not Kai's fault. Saying that Mitch's reign was during a good period for the site and I think that people are associating the good times with Mitch reign. So, in conclusion, I think that either could do the job and I hope that whoever loses will be gracious and will stay on the site. Basically, I am impartial.

As to the hall of fame stuff, this has really pi**ed me off. I am usually laid back but this has really annoyed me. When I joined the site, the hall of fame procedings were down to the final three. When Mitch won it was a great moment for the site and I know that people like me and Craig aspired to become prominent enough to get nominated and potentially to win the thing. What is annoying me is that new people like TDW and Brandoni swan in and say that they deserve to get in. As for JCB, he has been here a while but has done nothing to suggest that he should get in. It takes more than posts saying "I am awesome" to get in. To qualify you should make good Non-fantasy blogs and comment dilligently on blogs. If you are interested in Fantasy writing by all means, go for it. It should not be essential to get into the hall of fame. I like Fantasy blogs but that is not the defining thing for me. I don't care if you are a pioneer in fantasy writing, if you contribute to the site, you are in with a shout with getting in the HOF.

To anyone new to the site, hello and welcome, don't be intimidated by all of the happenings and stuff.

Finally, I'm not doing any of this keyfabe stuff. Anything you hear from me is real, and, I'd appreciate it if you keep to reality when talking to me.

So, that's my say. Take it or leave it.

P.S. Mitch, Robbie did the whole anonimous thing way better.

# Mitch176
Mitch176

Thanks cymru96 - I agree completely on what you're saying about the HoF, but I must say that at least I took the effort to advertise our league when I was around.

As for Robbie doing it better - I know he did, way better, but you know me always trying to be original so I went the route of videos instead of txt.

Posted on February 10, 2012 at 3:49 PM

cymru96, nice to have you back my friend. Don't worry about the Conflict thing. Over half of the competitors were not invested, so it was bound to flame out. We'll just have to come up with something new once again.

I too am based in reality although I do enjoy the kayfabe on the site. It's fun to read and it is a good alternative for fantasy writers to express themselves.

I think the Hall of Fame should be a very exclusive group, but I also think it needs reform. There should be a committee of long-time users in charge of nominating people and handling the voting process. This committee should be a mix of 3 or 4 users from both the fantasy and non-fantasy sides of the site.

Finally, I think it should be labeled the Fourdown Blogger Hall of Fame to distinguish itself from the original prediction hall of fame on the site.

Posted on February 10, 2012 at 4:40 PM

word2k9 I've been Reading the current comments on the hof and will post more about it at a later date, I will take every ones comments into consideration as this is the peoples hall of fame

Posted on February 10, 2012 at 5:26 PM
# cymru96
cymru96

you tried to nominate yourself for the hall of fame.

Right here-

Posted on February 10, 2012 at 5:29 PM
# TDWOwner
TDWOwner
cymru96 look dude I respect you, but dont bring me into this buddy! The reason I posted something about the HOF, is because I'm good, sorry to be cocky, but I am. And sure I may be arguing with TheProdigyCJB rihgt now. But he too works hard and deserves to be in the HOF. Plus I've already spoke to kaihtafc, and he said I will most likely be in the Summer nominations for the HOF. And I apologize if thats upsets you!

Posted on February 10, 2012 at 5:38 PM
# Mitch176
Mitch176

There's a difference between being a nominee and an actual member, and you simply haven't done enough to earn that spot.

Jesus I want Blake back at this rate

Posted on February 10, 2012 at 6:02 PM
# TDWOwner
TDWOwner
Is it your choice on who gets in Mitch176... because the last time I checked kaihtafc runs the HOF. So we will see if I get. I just hope you stay around long enough after kaihtafc beats you at Wrestlemania to see me get in!

Posted on February 10, 2012 at 6:05 PM
# Mitch176
Mitch176

Love the fact that TDWOwner Sent me a private message on chat saying "Your a joke lol" - This guy cracks me up, seriously dude keep em coming you're like evening entertainment.

Posted on February 10, 2012 at 6:08 PM
# TDWOwner
TDWOwner
Mitch176 lol I speak the truth!

Posted on February 10, 2012 at 6:27 PM

TDWOwner I don't actually have control over nomoniees or members, I only count the votes and arrange the rounds, it's all down to the fans

Posted on February 10, 2012 at 6:29 PM
# TDWOwner
TDWOwner
I tell you what Mitch176 since you will be occupied for Wrestlemania... what do you say me vs. you at Extreme Rules on April 29? If I'm so entertaining to you?

Posted on February 10, 2012 at 6:29 PM
# brandoni998
brandoni998
The Straight Edge Society

cymru96 I respect you , but not your actions . Bashing people like TDWOwner and I is not a respectful act . I expect more from a person of your caliber . Acting like a disrespectful human being is not acceptable .

Posted on February 10, 2012 at 8:38 PM
# bezzly
bezzly
Boss Fight!

I love to be left out of this. TDWOwner and brandoni998 no offense, you don't deserve to be in the HOF. I should be in more than you guys and I'm no where near being a nominee

Posted on February 10, 2012 at 9:19 PM
# brandoni998
brandoni998
The Straight Edge Society

bezzly you are correct . I am currently not worthy , but expect me to be in the near future .

Posted on February 10, 2012 at 9:56 PM
# TDWOwner
TDWOwner
beezly? the only reason you're being "left out of this" is because you are just now speaking up. I dont mind competition. I dont mind you attacking me... but just remember my friend. I can and will strike back. And I can and will take you down if need be! Because TheOwner knows best!

Posted on February 11, 2012 at 1:34 AM
# Mitch176
Mitch176

TDWOwner Why would I face you ER? I don't respect you, I don't have any reason to go against you, once I take back my league from Kai I plan on only being here for my league and nothing more. So shut your mouth and know your role. bezzly and cymru96 are both right, you simply don't deserve to be in the HoF, so stop acting like you do.

Posted on February 11, 2012 at 4:09 AM
# TheProdigyCJB
TheProdigyCJB

Alight Everyone, Me posting comments is a deffiant. I do it all the time and Ive done a number of things outside of Fanasty Wrestling. I brought Kayfabe in when I came in and started a tiny feud with Kai. Before I came it was all about, Non Fanasty. Kai did bring in the Fanasty to 4Down but, I like to consider myself along with edawg32 are the leaders of the Fanasty World and we see ppl come and go every day. We want ppl to make it in the Fanasty World. edawg32 and myself even tried to help ppl become Fanasty writers but, everyone was either too busy or gave up. Im not bragging Im just speaking the truth. I know Im the underdog out of all the 4Down HOF Nomiees but, yet I still believe I can do it.

Posted on February 13, 2012 at 9:40 AM

TheProdigyCJB... Not trying to add anything more to your ego but you ain't no underdog fella

Posted on February 13, 2012 at 9:59 AM